Session 2 Core Driving Skills
During this session you will learn more about the system of car control: IPSGA.
- Learn how to Take, Use and Give Information.
- Learn what information to Take to identify hazards.
- Learn how to Use that information to formulate a plan to safely negotiate the hazard.
- Learn what information to Give to other motorists to help you safely negotiate the hazard.
- Learn how to Position your car correctly on the approach to every hazard.
- Learn how to select the correct speed for the hazard
- Learn the best way to brake to the correct speed for the hazard.
- Learn when to select the correct the correct gear to safely negotiate the hazard.
- Learn when and how to accelerate away from the hazard.
Learn how to apply IPSGA to every hazard.
Learn how Spoken Thoughts (Commentary Driving) focuses your attention on driving and lets your observer/examiner know what you are thinking.
- Learn to say what you see.
- Learn to say what you plan to do.
Learn about the pre-drive checks acronym POWDERY
Click here to see this POWDERY blog on the IAM website (separate tab)