We are now counting down to the start of our first IAM Roadsmart Advanced Driver course, due to start on Sunday 25th September. To book your place please visit www.iamroadsmart.com or email email@example.com
Works on Birmingham Road outside IBM, closing the entrance, may be ongoing till 22 Sep- this was only originally 5&6 Sep. This is causing long queues towards Hatton and Warwick Parkway till well after rush hour.
Europa Way traffic lights between Gallows Hill and Greys Mallory 7-9 Sep
Fosse Way traffic lights north of railway bridge near Harbury turn 12-30 Sep
Harbury Lane near new housing opposite Cicero Approach, now ongoing till 2Dec
A426 Southam, towards Stockton traffic lights 12 Sep-30 Nov
Montague Road, Warwick stop/go boards near The Ridgeway 13-16 Sep
St Helens Road Leamington 8-12 Sep near Hitchman Road then 16-22 Sep near Wych Elm Drive
Mortimer Road Kenilworth crossorads near chip shop(Chips and Fishes) multiway signals 13-15 Sep
How does racing driver Darren Turner cope with a ringing mobile phone distracting him? Watch here to find out!
With IAM RoadSmart marking its 60th anniversary this year, the charity is offering 60 of its Advanced Driver or Rider courses to the first 60 people who phone in for just £60, in a special offer available from Tuesday 23 August.
To take up the offer, anyone interested will need to visit IAM RoadSmart’s Facebook or Twitter sites to obtain the redemption code and phone 0300 303 1134 to book. The code will be posted at 9.30am on 23 August.
IAM RoadSmart’s Advanced Driver and Rider courses usually retail for £149. The course places candidates with their local IAM RoadSmart group and offers a regular series of sessions to help them gain a greater enjoyment of driving and riding, and help them become a safer driver or rider.
More than half-a-million people have taken IAM RoadSmart Advanced Driver and Rider courses since the organisation was established in 1956.
- B4087 Newbold Road (past crem) Two way control rolling works from Banbury Road through to Wellesbourne 18 Aug-21 Sep
- Harbury Lane at Cicero Approach traffic lights at new access construction for new development 22Aug-17 Nov
- Hampton on the Hill road closed through village== website says 19-24 Aug, road signs say 19th for 11 days 9.30-3pm
- Tachbrook Road closed near Baker Avenue 21-22 Aug
- All Saints Road Warwick multi way signals between George Road and Charles Street 16-19 Aug
- Southam- near A423/A426 roundabout several works 22Aug-22 Sep
- Radford Semele A425 near new housing two way control 16-23 Aug
- Chase Meadow several roads being resurfaced 17-19 Aug
After extensive research into available venues we have now booked the skittles alley at the Masons Arms, Welford Rd, Long Marston, Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 8RG, from 7:30 pm until about 10pm on Wednesday 24th August. Where possible we may be able to help organise car sharing for those wishing to do so.
Food will be provided and the cost will be about £10.00 per head for a mixed buffet and a member of the pub staff to act as “stacker” during our match. If you have special dietary requirements, please let us know.
This presents an excellent opportunity to meet our friends from Solihull Group as well as some from Stratford that you may not see very often.
Please support us in this and our other ventures this year. The interest shown in such events will help shape our future Social Events calendars and enable us to provide events of interest to a wide range of Stratford members. We are essentially a “training” organisation but we do want an active and interesting social content for the benefit of our existing members.
- Kenilworth Road/Lillington Avenue A445/A452/B4087 crossroads will be closed 15-24 August for resurfacing- diversion is Northumberland Road
- Myton Road Warwick multiway signals 15-17 August for resurfacing near Myton Crescent
- A452 Southam Road Radford, traffic lights 16-23 Aug near new housing development
- Clarendon Avenue B4087 near Oxford Street traffic lights 15-25 August
- Tachbrook Park Drive near Hermes Close traffic lights 15-17 August
- Woodcote Lane Leek Wootton closed for resurfacing 15-20 August also traffic lights at end of road (Anchor Pub) for these works
- Borrowdale Drive Milverton (off Guys Cliffe) give an take control 12-16 August for resurfacing
- Knoll Drive Woodloes at Primrose Hill traffic lights 16-18 August for road repairs
- Coventry Road Southam to BP garage resurfacing convoy working 11-15 August
The Stratford Group now has a new venue to deliver the new IAM Roadsmart Advanced Driver course. We will now be meeting our Associates at Myton School, Myton Road, Warwick, one of the biggest and most successful secondary schools in Warwick.
Along with the new venue our courses have been changed in-line with the new ethos from the IAM.
If you want to know more please complete the contact form found here